Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.– Miami
- Land-based: Learning and Organizational Development team, Operational Leaders, Regional HR Directors/Business Partners (Americas, EMEA and APAC), and Talent Management Team
- At Sea: Executive Committee and Divisional/Departmental Leaders
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides professional consultation to onboard employees to maintain and improve leadership effectiveness and business performance.
- Conducts needs assessments to identify performance gaps and implement solutions to maximize performance and achieve measurable results in crew satisfaction (leadership aspects), guest satisfaction and other business KPIs.
- Guides onboard leaders through the talent management process of assessing individual performance, creating personalized development plans and establishing team succession plans.
- Facilitates dynamic and impactful leadership training sessions and provides ongoing support that ensures successful transfer of knowledge and drives individual and team effectiveness.
- Creates and executes customized learning sessions that address identified business/performance/behavioral gaps.
- Conducts Train the Trainer sessions with onboard instructors and provides ongoing feedback to improve effectiveness of training methods and delivery.
- Conducts on-the-job observations, identifies gaps in performance and provides leadership with feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Provides career coaching and advice through workshops and one-on-one sessions.
- Utilizes psychometric instruments (i.e. DiSC) to enhance leadership capabilities and drive team effectiveness.
- Models and champions a culture of commitment to the Company’s values, standards and overall business strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited university or college in Learning & Development, Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an HR professional specializing in Learning and Organizational Development in an upscale hotel, cruise line or corporate organization.
- Experience in applying adult learning principles and consulting, coaching, mentoring, and training techniques.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, partner with leaders at all levels, relate with diverse groups of people and act with diplomacy and tact.
- Exhibits passion for constant learning and demonstrates an eagerness to share that passion with others.
- Ability to understand and convey business priorities and use compelling arguments to gain support and commitment.
- Self-motivated and possesses superior time management and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask and lead in a fast-paced multicultural environment.
- Highly proficient in MS Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and comfortable learning other required systems.
- Possesses a highly advanced ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially, including the ability to speak in front of groups of all sizes.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to prepare advanced written communication; prepare, interpret and analyze advanced reports, documents and presentations; and to manage a large volume of written communication.
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position may require extensive travel around the fleet.